I so didn't eat enough food yesterday and I had to estimate carbs at lunch because at the last minute (I was running behind), my boss decided we needed to go to eat so that we could discuss a few issues. So I didn't eat one of my pre-figured carb lunches that I keep at my office. I still made as healthy a choice as I could, but I was worried about my blood sugars because you just never know what they put in stuff. Also, I am working a retreat this weekend and because I was running late last night, couldn't eat my planned meal so had to eat in the car. But, for Saturday and Sunday, I have my food all packed up and ready to go. I'll have access to a microwave so that I can heat my protein. Everything else is either nuts, cheese, fruit or raw veggies, so I am good to go. Anyway, everything went pretty good. We are still adjusting my basal doses. Its slow going, but in the end I think it'll be worth it. I'm just ready to start seeing those 80's and 90's on a regular basis.
Thursday menus:
B-2 egg omelet w/about 2.5 oz steak and a slice of cheese
L-1 cup of romaine w/one cucumber slice and one tomato slice w/honey mustard dressing on the side (dipped fork method), 1 cup chili
D-Beef jerky, 1/2 oz pistachio nuts, 2 dark chocolate peanut butter filled pretzels
Totals: 761 calories, 32g carbs, 48g fat, 58g protein, 1171mg sodium
I've noticed that I have started to allow little cheats in there (the pretzels). I have to stop that now. I also tried to drink a Diet Dr. Pepper yesterday. No go. I just have to suck it up and realize that the trash that I used to put into my body will kill me and I'm just not going there anymore.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment