B-Fried egg, homemade sausage/deer patty, 64g apple (about 1/2 small), 1tsp Sugar Free syrup
L-14 tortilla chips, 2 tablespoons salsa, Steak fajita meat w/onions and bellpeppers (1/2 of the smaller lunch portion), cheese, small amount of guacamole (Mom/daughter tradition at Mexican restaurant again (every Friday)...quite carby, but I still managed to stay under 60g for the day)
D-184g salmon, 75g mushrooms, 64g squash, 80g Asparagus, 25g onions (all grilled) and one Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom NSA Black Raspberry bar
TOTALS: 1265 calories, 59g carbs, 65g fat, 109g protein, 2057 Sodium
So, today will be my real challenge since we have a party to go to. I HATE drawing attention to myself and in my head (which I know is not always the most accurate place) I can't see bringing in my own food to a party because that WILL draw attention to me. This is my husband's family and a mixed gathering with my niece and her fiance, his family and their friends, so there will be plenty of people who don't know me. For functions with my family, it is easy to say "oh I have to do this because of my diabetes." I don't want to say that here, because that in itself, will draw attention to me. I'm used to being in my own insulated bubble...here at home or at work where I am alone 97% of the time. Its just easier that way. But, I have to figure a way to do it. There is no way I am going to mess up over two weeks of lo-carbing and more than four weeks of insulin dosing/scheduling because of some little party. So, I will be discreet as possible, but I will bring my own food, I will be sure I have plenty of water, I will bring my insulin and meter and I will keep track. I'll have to write everything and enter the info in my charts later, but it will be done. The biggest problem right now is that I don't have all the information, which I should have done something about before.
Hmmmm, have I mentioned yet in here that I am a major procrastinator?? Yeah, one fault at a time...anyway I'm going to make the call this morning and get all the details so that I know exactly what I am faced with so that I can plan accordingly.
I think that the best case scenario is that we'll go to my sister-in-law's house (where we will be staying the night) and I'll dose and eat before we leave. I'll dose for the meal and two or three lo-carb beers and that is it! I'm pretty strict when it comes to dosing insulin/carb ratio so I know I will not stray. I've seen the benefits of the better control that I have attained over the last 4 weeks. I will not go back to the way it was before. As far as my other meals for tomorrow before we come home, my sis-in-law did South Beach so she knows. She'll have some protein choices (I'll just have to avoid the donuts that they ALWAYS buy when we come in...its a tradition. My husband's dad, who lives next door, always bought donuts and left them on the table at my sister-in-law's house for us and the kids. He died this past June, but somehow the nephew has carried on the tradition.) My kids LOVE going there, especially my sixteen year old who loves, loves, loves donuts and never gets them anymore. My oldest son always O.D.s on the sodas that she keeps at her house, another rare treat in our house (though not at the hunting camp, but that is a different story). Anyway, I'll be back here to report my success tomorrow afternoon...cocky? Nope, just ready to live out the changes that I have made in my life and be a good example to my kidlets.
Menu for today (planned, will update tomorrow):
B-2 egg omelet w/leftover fajita steak, onions, bellpeppers, cheese, coffee w/Splenda and half and half
L-(kids ate my leftover salmon, so....) 2 homemade deer/pork sausage patties, 3 slices tomatoes, half small avocado, homemade low carb zucchini nut muffin
D-4 oz chicken breast, 6 corn chips w/1 tbsp dip, 2 Michelob Ultra beers
So, I strayed by having the corn chips, but the beers filled me up and I drank my water so I did ok, especially since I stayed under 40g carbs.
Totals: 1374 calories, 38g carbs, 73g fat, 103g protein, 628mg Sodium



It sounds like you have a good plan of action. I am confident that you will stick to your plans.
ReplyDelete