Mon, Jan 12th
B-Coffee with Splenda and half and half, Homemade LC Zucchini Nut Bread
L-Can of tuna with mustard, jalapeno cheese (forgot my real lunch and Humalog dose at home so I had to do almost no carb, there is a trace in the cheese)
D-Parmesan Chicken Breast, Spaghetti Squash Alfredo, Rye Bread (all low carb recipes in Dana Carpender's book (it all turned out yummy), Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus, 4 tbsp Cool Whip (it hit the sweet craving that I've had for a few days without too much damage) and 3 oz chicken breast.
My doc wants me to try to maintain 1500 calories, actually he wanted 1600...I wanted 1200 and we compromised on 1500. I am having a hard time doing that and I rarely get enough protein, so I am trying to add things to each meal. Of course, I couldn't do that with lunch today so I packed a wallop of a dinner last night.
Totals: Calories 1,224 Carbs 28 Fat 67 Protein 95 Sodium 1,930
Goals: Calories 1,500 Carbs <50 Fat 67 Protein 150 Sodium <2,400
As you can see, I still didn't meet my calories or protein. I almost always meet or exceed my fat (with the nuts, cheese and avocados). I am looking into the EAS light protein shakes to have as a drink with two of my meals, only 2g fat but will help with the calories and protein.
Tue, Jan 13th meals:
B-2 fried eggs, 1 slice LC toast with butter and 1/2 teaspoon spreadable fruit
L-169g grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, 242g cucumber, 1 slice homemade Zucchini nut breat
D-will be out to a chinese restaurant...I'll have meat and veggies only which I'll ask them to prepare with no sugar, not from buffet. Hopefully, they'll cooperate. Not sure how I'm going to count it, but I will try.
Totals: 1474 calories, 37g carbs, 93g fat, 77g protein, 1947 Sodium
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment