Monday, February 23, 2009

Time to get serious...

So in reviewing my menus over the last few days, I see that I am letting more and more slide (read: onion rings, York peppermint patty, not eating breakfast, etc.). So I am tightening up again. My weight is stalled once again, despite eating under 1200 calories and exercising 4 times a week.

So, Ron Sebol (who runs DSM-L, a diabetes list) has been helping figure out my meal doses, etc. and he did a weight analysis thing (which I won't even pretend to understand) that pretty much says that I'm not normal (go figure). Something about "calories per pound average was about 1/3 of what is normal for her age and activity level. I concluded that she likely has a hormone abnormality and that it is the root cause of her not losing even on a strict 1200 calories per day". I have struggled with my weight since...forever and to be honest I eat 1200 or less because if I eat more than that, I GAIN weight. So, when I see the doctor I'll ask for some additional tests.

Anyway, Monday's menu:

B-2 boiled eggs, 1 small tangerine, coffee
L-4 oz chicken breast, Oriental Style Blend veggies w/parmesan, 1/2 orange
D-6 oz Polynesian Pork (from recipe), Homemade low carb coleslaw, broccoli, strawberries w/whipped cream

Totals: 1233 calories, 53g carbs, 55g fat, 72g protein, 1166mg sodium

3 comments:

  1. I have to give you a lot of credit! I am still amazed at how you keep up with what you eat! I am a pretty good carb counter but suck at logging. Haha can you send the logging vibes over to me? I need it ASAP...haha

    Cherise

    Ps

    How do you stay under 60 carbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all in the planning, Cherise. My meals for this week have already been planned so I do better with sticking to them and logging them. To stay under 60g carbs, I avoid rice, potatoes, all grains for the most part (though I do have a slice of WW toast - 10gm carbs about 3 times a week) and only have one snack a day that I actually eat at dinner so that I only have to dose 3 times. I try to eat protein, lots of veggies, 2 fruit servings a day and only good fats like nuts and avocados. I still cook the starch and buy the cereal for the kids. But we have pretty much done away with sodas, cakes, cookies (all pre-packaged foods, really) and now they only have ice cream every now and then instead of every night.

    Sending my planning and logging vibes your way. You'll save money doing it this way, too! I'd be happy to help in any way I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too give you a lot of credit! It is an amazing amount of work to plan and log all that stuff. But it seems to be working well for you for the most part.

    I agree that it is very aggravating to not see the progress you expect though. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete