Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sick of Diabetes Wednesday/Thursday

Yup, I am still having a pity party. I need to figure out a way out of this funk...get rid of this chip on my shoulder. I need to focus on doing everything I can to successfully manage this disease. For me that means consistency. Basically, I just need to "get over it"!

Wednesday:

B-just coffee
L-Chicken breast, broccoli w/cheese, tangerine, 2 squares of Lindt dark chocolate
D-Homemade chili, 7 corn chips, cheese, mixed berries w/cream

Totals: 761 calories, 53g carbs, 41g fat, 48g protein, 1303mg sodium

Thursday:

B-50g homemade sausage patty, 50g unsweetened blueberries
L-chicken breast, broccoli w/cheese, tangerine, 1 oz pecans
D-3 oz brisket, 1 oz. smoked sausage w/barbeque sauce, 1/2 cup corn, gin/diet 7 drink

Totals: 955 calories, 47g carb, 52g fat, 65g protein, 1263mg sodium

2 comments:

  1. Diabetes sucks. Some days it's not so bad - but then we all hit a patch where it all just seems like TOO MUCH. Don't beat yourself up about feeling this way. Just keep trying to do you best. And vent all you need to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Karen. I do get down on myself. Even though I know it makes no sense at all, I keep thinking that if I could do it right, my type 2 diabetes will go away.

    ReplyDelete