So behind on posting my meals. Still religiously tracking them, but I'm working two jobs right now so not much computer time! I will update this post tonight with my meals for the weekend and yesterday. So, I had the PET scan on Friday. It went well, a little uncomfortable, but I dealt. The tech said that he couldn't give me formal results, but if anything was really bad, he wouldn't let me leave. I'm hoping for no new blockage.
This week's goal: No tortilla chips. I've been flirting with eating a primal diet (I've been following Mark's Daily Apple for a while. I can't wait for the book.) Most of my meals have been pretty much there but for tortilla chips and cheese and the occasional slice of bread (I've been looking at no grain/low carb recipes for bread). Tortilla chips first...then I'll figure out what I'll do about cheese. I don't eat gobs of cheese, but I do enjoy melty cheese every now and then. It is basically the only dairy I still eat...oh crap, except for the half and half that I put in my coffee every morning...I'll have to figure that out, too! Surely there is a suitable substitute that will make my coffee caramel colored and take some of the bite out...I know, my husband asks, "why drink coffee, if you are going to dilute it like that??" Anyway, we're in the process of making a huge garden so that we can eat healthier, not to mention cheaper. My husband is also building a chicken coop as I type. It will be right next to the pig pen (I know, I know...I am now living on a farm!) Thank goodness we have 26 acres of land! He has a smokehouse that he built a couple of years ago so we already make our own sausage (pork and deer). So we are all set! Be back later to post my meals.
Fri 3/27
B-WW toast, 2 eggs, spreadable fruit (17.4g carb)
L-Peanut butter and spreadable fruit sandwich w/WW bread (25.8g carb)
D-Boiled crawfish , 1 small boiled potato (22.7g carb)
Total: 65.9g carbs
Sat 3/28
B-116g ground pork sausage patty, 50g blueberries (4.74g carbs)
L-Granola bar (11g carb)
D-Rice noodles (30g), homemade spaghetti sauce (estimate 25g)
Total: 40.7g carbs
Sun 3/29
B-120g ground pork sausage patty, 50g blueberries (4.74g carbs)
L-Eggplant Boat (16.11g carbs)
D-Chicken fajitas w/tortilla chips, cheese, guacamole, 1/8 cup refried beans
(35.7g carbs)
Total: 56.55g carbs
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment