Right now, I am working two jobs. I am in the process of closing one office and I've already taken on new contract work so I haven't had much chance to twitter, post, etc. Tomorrow is my appointment with a new cardiologist. I'll find out if he will agree to manage my diabetes as well. If not, then I'll also be seeing a new endo. I'm hoping for a non-eventful visit tomorrow, that the pain in my left shoulder is from overdoing the boxing on the Wii Fit. It has lessened since I cut back on the workouts, but my weight loss has also stalled. We'll have to talk about that tomorrow to see what my options are. Ok, meals for the last few days:
Sat
Fasting: 121
B-homemade sausage patty, blueberries (6gm carb), after 5th hour: 122
L-2 franks, 35g potato chips, 1/2 Almond Crunch bar (13.9gm carb), after 5th hour: 73 (ended up low, had to take 2 glucose tabs...I mopped that morning)
D-Beef fajita (w/onions & peppers), 50g tortilla chips, guacamole, cheese (23.9gm carb), after 5th hour: 106
Total Carb: 43.8gm
Sun
Fasting: 141
B-biscuit (ouch!!) and homemade sausage patty (28.6gm carb), after 5th hour: 117
L-5 oz. beef roast (lean), 1/4 cup rice, 1/2 cup black-eye peas (22gm carb), after 5th hour: 67 (after going down to 51 and treating w/3 glucose tabs, so drank 4oz orange juice)
D-Leftover beef fajita, 50g tortilla chips, guacamole, cheese (23.9g carb), after 5th hour: 137
Total carbs: 74.5gm
Mon
Fasting: 181
B-100g oatmeal, 1 egg (8.8gm carb), after 5th hour: 128
L-skipped lunch
D-Italian chicken (chicken thighs, pearl onions, mushrooms, baby carrots, stewed tomatoes), green beans, 1/4 cup egg noodles (9.9gm carb), after 5th hour: 97
Total carbs: 18.7gm carbs
I found out Sunday that I was counting carbs the wrong way. I've been dosing for the entire carb count on the package label, when I should have been dosing for the carbs less the fiber. So, I've modified that and hopefully, I will be able to get tighter control (without going low every day). I'm also going to start eating 100g of cooked oatmeal with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 splenda packet with a protein at least three times a week. I seem to be tolerating it pretty well. Next week, I am going to NOT eat tortilla chips...no seriously, no more tortilla chips. Chips have been showing up nearly every day. I'm also going to cut back on cheese and nuts to see if I can't get the weight moving again. I need to get back to my strict 2 fruit servings and 5 veggie servings per day, along with good, lean protein and maybe some lo-carb muffins for "dessert".
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I just noticed that you post a BG reading for 5 hours after eating. Do you check at 1 or 2 hours also?
ReplyDeleteDenise, I used to, but right now I am trying to fine tune my Humalog doses so I check once the insulin is completely spent. For new foods though, I usually do a 2hr pp as well. Once I get my dosing right, I'll go back to doing 2 hr tests and then do 1 hr tests for new foods. Just trying not to go broke on test strips! :)
ReplyDelete