So my family (yes, my entire family is on board) officially goes lo-carb beginning January 1st. I've already got our meals planned for the first week. My husband and daughter went through my six (yes, I have six) low-carb cookbooks and marked the things they'd like to try. My boys, who eat anything are also ready to go, though my youngest is a little worried. He is 16 and has the fastest metabolism in the house. In fact, since football season ended, he has lost weight (which he can not really afford to do as he is 5'9" and now at about 146...during football when he was working out heavily, he was at about 155). So, he'll definitely have to have larger portions of the simple carbs that I will be serving. But I think the additional protein will actually be beneficial to him.
I am currently testing quite a bit and with a little help will be adjusting my dose of lantus (I will probably end up splitting the dose) as well as changing to Humalog instead of Humulin R. I've already picked up a sample vial from the doctor and will switch sometime in January.
I've rejoined my diabetic communities and am beginning to get active in them and have also joined a couple of low-carb communities. No more denial for me. I must be CONSISTENT in dealing with this disease. It is way past time.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Good luck and let me know if ya'll try a recipe and love it.
ReplyDelete