So, the good news...I've been forcing myself to STOP and eat lunch, albeit a little late. Now, the bad news...I've been missing my protein in the morning for breakfast. I've slept through my alarm everyday this week, which means I'm running, so though I'm grabbing my fruit (clementine or banana), I'm missing my protein.
I'm still struggling to get back on a regular testing routine. Same can be said for my exercise routine...it's spotty at best. But, I am still here. Not giving up. Not denying. Not running and hiding. Just going to keep doing what I can and keep trying to improve.
Made Chicken Chili (definitely not primal/paleo) yesterday and had it for lunch today too. Here's the recipe I use (it is a combination of a Food Network recipe, along with my own additions):
1 pk Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs (usually 5-6 breasts or 7-8 thighs)
1 onion
3 toes garlic
1 bellpepper
1 48 oz. container low sodium chicken stock (or use homemade)
2 cans Black Beans (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
1/2 bag frozen corn (or use fresh)
1 can Ro-Tel
Seasoning (Cumin, Salt, Pepper)
Fresh Cilantro
Lime Juice
Garnishes (shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.)
Season and cut the chicken into cubes and brown over high heat in a bit of olive oil until browned. Slice the onions, garlic and bellpepper and add to the chicken, cook until onions are transparent (or longer if you like). Rinse the beans and drain the liquid. Add the beans and corn to the chicken. Add the stock and the Ro-Tel. Add the Cumin and other seasonings to taste. Cook for 20-30 minutes until chicken cooked through. Add Cilantro and lime juice to taste. Serve and garnish with shredded cheese, avocado or guacamole, sour cream, tortilla chip strips, etc., if you like.
This has the consistency of soup and tastes better the next day :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment